Types of Cancer
Cancer is a very dangerous disease. It causes many deaths every year. Cancer starts when the cells begin to change abnormally. The cells start to grow wildly and uncontrollably and form a mass which is called tumor. A tumor could be malignant which can extend to the other body parts or benign which is noncancerous. There are different types of cancer which affect different organs of human body. Different types of cancers have unique symptoms, ways of treatment and causes. There are some of the most commonly known types of cancer.
- Bladder cancer is mostly due to smoking. The lungs absorbed carcinogens and it then go into the bloodstream. The kidneys filter the blood and change the waste in to urine. The urine containing carcinogens enter the bladder. The carcinogens damage the bladder cells and cause bladder cancer.
- Lung cancer is mostly of two types’ non-small cell and small cell lung cancer. In this condition, the tissues of lungs are destroyed. The great risk factor involved in smoking is lung cancer. It is treated by radiation therapy, chemotherapy, vaccine therapy and surgery.
- Breast cancer forms in breast’s tissues. It mostly affects the ducts that take the milk towards the nipple. It also affects the milk making glands called lobules. It could take place in both women and men. Breast cancer in men is very rare.
- Prostate cancer is found in men. It affects the tissues of a gland called prostate. Prostate is a part of male’s reproductive function. The gland is found in front part of the rectum and under the bladder. There are many symptoms of prostate cancer like unable to pass urine, fell difficulty to stop and start the flow of urine, difficulty in erection, blood in urine etc.
- Pancreatic cancer is also most commonly reported type of cancer. It is also known as exocrine cancer. The malignant cells established in pancreas’s tissues. This disease does not show any symptoms at the early stage. Yellow skin, pale stools, dark urine, vomiting, ache in the higher portion of the belly, weight loss and fall of appetite are the main symptoms of this fatal cancer.
- Thyroid cancer. The thyroid glands present in the throat secret hormones help to control blood pressure, weight, heart rate and body temperature. This cancer is mainly of tour types as follicular, papillary, Ana plastic and medullary thyroid cancer. Pain in throat and neck, lymph nodes in neck and a big swelling in the front part of the neck. The patient feels trouble in breathing and swallowing. It could be due to radiation like x-rays.
- Colon cancer is another type of cancer. It is also called rectal cancer. It forms in colon’s tissues which is the largest piece of large intestine. Having diarrhea, constipation, blood in stool, finding the stool narrow than before, loosing weight, feeling tired are the main symptoms of colorectal cancer. These symptoms could be due to some other disease but you need to pay attention to this condition. It is not a contagious disease.
- There are many other types of cancers like Kidney cancer, Melanoma, Endometrial cancer, Leukemia, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and etc.